Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Oreos Attack Marriage?

I am very unlikely to eat an Oreo cookie again. On June 25 Kraft the maker of Oreos posted on their Facebook page this picture (June 25 being Pride day)


Now many evangelical christians, the group called Minnesota for Marriage for example, is calling for a boycott of Kraft's products. Now this is where we differ, I am unlikely to eat another Oreo because I think there are about 50 other cookies that are far superior and wouldn't waste my time with an Oreo. These folks however feel that because of one picture, they need to rally the troops and wage a war against Kraft. I went to Oreo's Facebook page and it seems that they post a theme or a picture for each day, here is July 2 for example.

Photo: OREOOOOOOOOOOOO!
So I am sure that all the detractors are doing is drumming up business for Oreos, which was probably Kraft's plan the whole time. By the way, a quick trip to Kraft's website shows how many different brands that they own/distribute, good luck boycotting all of them. Here are all the brands that fall under the Kraft family. I used the Wikipedia page because on Kraft's site they are broken down a-z with a link to click for each letter, not user friendly. Now if they actually make the sextuple stuff Oreo then I'll give it a try but until then the tagalong is at the top of my cookie list.
Now that's a cookie worth fighting over.

No comments:

Post a Comment